Monday, February 22, 2010

A second rant and some ramblings

So, I'm pretty sure the only way I can actually keep up with this blog is to update it every day.

Considering the fact that I have little-to-no offline social life(*), this really shouldn't be too hard. Yeah.

So, not much has really changed in a day. Well, from a real-life perspective. Last night I found out one of my characters would be better suited being tossed and then absorbed into another, and lo and behold, once that happened it was like the floodgates had opened.

Just this one modification left me with a network of ideas, all branching out differently.

Okay, I'm so lying. There were really only like, two.

But it's all good, as long as I'm writing, I suppose.

Some stats.

As of now, Chapter 1 is finished and I'm supposed to wait for cG to kind of....extrapolate, I suppose. I'm cool with this, but it's like when you're a little kid and your mom just made cookies and you can't have one 'til after dinner.

I've dicked around with actually writing Chapter 2, and the prologue is still brainstorming.

I don't quite know where Chapter 3 is going yet, and maybe I'm not supposed to quite yet. My muse is an odd little bird.

I've got several things to keep me motivated. I think I found the perfect agent, and I feel like it's almost fate. She's from the Midwest, I'm from the Midwest (and she actually taught workshops at Purdue University, which is an hour or two away from me). She has the same taste in music, the same offbeat sense of humor that I do.

Well, anyway, I'm off to math class (eventually. I get to have a few more minutes of screwing around on the Internet first).

I really need some readers, so if anyone's interested, let me know.

Heck, at this point, I'll take spambots.

*I really don't want to be rude, but most people in the offline world that I have regular contact with are just inconsiderate. I swear to God, do you need to be right behind me on the sidewalk? This is not New York or Chicago, this is a university campus we're talking about. Half of the time when people do this stupid crap to me, I want to push my elbow out and jab them in the stomach.

No comments:

Post a Comment