Sunday, February 21, 2010

An Introduction, A Rant, Some Questions, and Some Answers

So, this is like, my ninth blog.

Mostly because I'm too damn lazy to actually finish a blog.

So, I don't really expect to have a big audience or anything, but it would certainly help.

So, to recap:

I'm Sydney. You can call me Syd, naco, Renee, Shrinkrae (don't ask), whatever.

I'm a college student. Right now I'm going to be a teacher so I can at least get some semblance of food, rather than banking everything on the slight chance I'll get published.

My parents want me to go into theater, and I really don't.

Bad experiences.

Plus, I don't really want to be on crew because I'm sure that would almost entirely entail climbing ladders, which I have a rational fear of (I say rational because I'm very small and have poor depth perception, so yeah).

Um. I guess I'd better tell you a bit about my writing.

Let me tell you something about its backstory first.

This novel has been in the works since sometime in '03-'04, when I was in 8th grade. My grades were tanking at that time, at least in one class. So I asked my old teacher if I could write a story for extra credit.

It had been an idea rolling around in my head for a while, about kids with superpowers.

Gawd, I can't believe that was seven years ago.

The novel now is much different, and I have a new muse.

The first muse was someone I thought of as a friend, and the relationship soon soured. Mostly because I was frustrated and dealing with too much at that time, and I went off on her. Which i feel very, very bad about to this day.

My new muse is a man who I have known since long before the first, and he has been even more helpful. They worked with me together on some occasions, but now I am glad that it is just us two.

He is very dear to me, and I believe that I realized this once he offered to make a movie of my novel. (You see, he just graduated from film school, and is now looking for a job in the industry)

Well, enough gushing.

Anyway. The new novel has nothing to do with superpowers (unless lesbianism is a super power. I am inclined to believe that cG, as I will call my new muse (I believe he would be most comfortable with this moniker), believes that lesbianism is indeed a superpower.

It also has sword fights, babies, mass murder, 10-year-old assassins, and pretty much everything except penguins.

So yeah.

I'm going to try to update this blog as often as I can.

Hopefully, all goes well.

Adios!

Don't get run over.

-Sydney

No comments:

Post a Comment